Politics in Action

Political Shenanagans and the Deals Politicians Make. P. U. to the rest of us

Name:
Location: McHenry, Il., United States

Union electrician for 30+ years.Grew up in the 60's. Viet Nam Vet. Started out as pretty liberal, but... now I'm getting older.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sticks and Stones

I watched an interview on PBS's Lehrer News Hour and their guest was the Sec. of Veterans Affairs. This guy stunk. He was really bad. I would've thought that he would've brushed up on what he was going to say. At the very least, they should have sent someone more polished. I sure don't like what I've been hearing about the treatment of our Vets lately, so I wanted to hear what he had to say.

He said that the V.A. sees over a million people per week, has a budget of 78 billion dollars, was going before congress tomorrow to ask for 10 billion more, and that they are learning about how to treat head wounds. I almost fell out of my chair when I heard that one. I could understand the problems there are though.

But, Armies have been seeing head wounds ever since the 1st Man picked up the 1st rock or stick and let the 1st somebody have it in the 1st back of the head.

I got into an argument with my ex about it. Her brother is a Viet Nam Vet too, and he was wounded in the head. He lived and although he lost some of field of vision, he's all right. He can drive and do everything he wants to do. She started talking about her brother and I said that they are seeing more severe cases now. Medical tech. has come a long way in the last 37 years. Half the people they are saving now probably would have died back then. That doesn't excuse whats happening now though. I can see where the magnitude of the injuries and numbers of them could lead to problems, but get more money or doctors or whatever.

It's one thing to keep people alive, but another to heal a brain. Our doctors are still in kindergarten when it comes to that stuff. There's going to be alot of learning to do, for everybody. I just hate to see research being done this way.

The Sec. said he was going before congress tomorrow to ask for more money. Only problem is, right now congress is getting ready to express its will to the "American People". They are trying to figure out a way to make 12 million ILLEGAL ALIENS and then their families, legal and not make it look like the duck it is. AMNESTY. Our esteemed members of congress, who didn't have the guts or backbone to do this before the election, are planning on spending billions of "AMERICAN TAX DOLLARS" giving aid and comfort and everything under the sun to the ILLEGAL ALIENS. Don't get me wrong, I think some Illegals and their families should be allowed into this country and made immediate citizens. They are the ones who are or were U.S. Soldiers. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to come here so badly that you're willing to join the Military and fight for this country, you stay!

We'll see tomorrow how much and how fast the congress acts to take care of our own soldiers. I can't wait to see what they vote on 1st. Immigration or Our Vets. I just hope that enough of them cut their campaigns short so that they can hear what this guy has to say. I understand how tough that might be though, with the next election only 2 short years away and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home