Politics in Action

Political Shenanagans and the Deals Politicians Make. P. U. to the rest of us

Name:
Location: McHenry, Il., United States

Union electrician for 30+ years.Grew up in the 60's. Viet Nam Vet. Started out as pretty liberal, but... now I'm getting older.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Jimmy Carter's response

I got a kick out of hearing former Pres. Jimmy Carter speaking about Pres. Bushs' remarks on the similarities between the Iraq and Revolutionary Wars. I thought it was a joke at first, then I realized that he was either serious or trying to rewrite history.

He said that the Revolution was an unnecessary war and that we'd be a free country today anyway. I guess he thinks we should have waited for over 300 years for our bold expirement.

The British government didn't break-up the Empire out of the kindness of their hearts. I sure don't remember it that way and having been in politics at the time it occurred, I'm sure that he knows the truth too. It all started with African nations wanting to throw off the chains of Colonial Europe. The British, French, and Portugese. The U.S. didn't have any colonies. Then it spread around the Empire to other countries. After years of riots and revolts, trying to hold it all together, they came up with the Commonwealth idea. Those countries fought long and hard for their independance.

The part I really can't believe is not one reporter or anyone else has tried to set the story straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home